Kreg, KJDECKSYS Deck Jig Drill Screw System 14419
Description: Deck Jig
- With the Kreg Deck Jig and a few simple tools you already own – you can create a beautiful and functional deck surface, completely free of exposed fasteners and painful splinters!
- Unlike traditional concealed-decking systems, the Kreg Deck Jig utilizes a more straight forward approach, creating an incredibly strong wood-to-wood bond through precisely placed self-tapping screws.
- Whether you’re building a new deck or refinishing an old one, you want to do the job right. Traditional concealed-decking systems utilize awkward steel fasteners or thin plastic clips to hold your deck boards in place. The Kreg Deck Jig™ utilizes a straight forward approach, creating an incredibly strong wood-to-wood bond through precisely placed self-tapping screws. The Deck Jig’s specialized self tapping screws are driven at a precise angle into the edge of your deck boards so they stay hidden from view. Seasonal changes might force traditional fasteners out of place with time, Kreg screws stay protected safely below the surface, for a longer-lasting deck.
- Securing a deck board with the Kreg Deck Jig™ takes only 3 simple steps. First you drill holes into the edge of your deck board using the specialized stepped bit, guided by the jig’s hardened steel drill guides. Next, you drive the specialized self-tapping deck screws through the same drill guides and into the joist as the depth collar controls the depth. Its that easy. You’ve just created an incredibly strong and sturdy joint with no visible fastener.
- For the best results, we recommend composite deck boards which prevent shrinking/swelling/splitting. Select a solid composite material with no machined grooves. Works well with native softwoods such as Redwood and Cedar, along with certain Tropical Hardwoods like Ipe, Red Balau, and Ironwood. Works exclusively with 4/4 to 5/4 (3/4" to 1-1/8") stock. Not designed for use with 2x material including 2x4's, 2x6s, 2x8s, etc.
- Kreg Deck Screws were designed specifically for use with the Kreg Deck Jig™, although they can also be used as simple face-screws for a variety of outdoor projects. All Kreg Deck screws feature a KTX #1 Square Drive to reduce cam-out, a flat-bottom head which resists splitting, and a self-tapping tip which drills its own hole as it’s driven.
- Deck Screws are available in two weather resistant finishes; Protec-Kote™ and Stainless. Protec-Kote™ screws feature three anti-corrosion layers which protect against rusting in a wide variety of decking applications. A good choice for a wide variety of decking applications, including ACQ treated lumber. For even more protection, choose Stainless. Kreg Stainless
- Easy-grip handle gives you a secure hold and complete control over each and every joint
- Hardened Steel Drill Guides keep your specialized stepped bit and driver bit at the precise, optimal angle
- Handy Spacer Rings ensure accurate deck board spacing for proper drainage and longer deck life
- Three separate Drill Guides let you install deck boards in a variety of hard-to-reach areas
- Works exclusively with 4/4 to 5/4 (3/4" to 1-1/8") stock.
- Deck Jig™
- Instructional DVD
- 100 Protec-Kote™ Deck Screws
- 6” Deck Jig™ Drill Bit
- 6” KTX Square Driver Bit
- (3) 5/16” Spacer Rings
- (3) 1/4” Spacer Rings
- 2 Stop Collars
- 1 Allen Wrench
- Durable Carrying Case
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.