Smiths 50775 Diamond retractable Sharpener 010747400
- Smiths 6 x 2.5 Diamond Bench Stone offers the ultimate in sharpening technology. It features multiple layers of micron-sized mono-crystalline diamonds bonded in nickel to a flat metal surface. The unique overlapping oval hole design speeds sharpening by collecting and holding the metal filings which ordinarily build up during the sharpening process. This allows the sharpening surface to remain clean and clear and speeds sharpening. This stone is excellent for sharpening wide woodworking tools, medium to small port/utility knives, or kitchen knives.
- Tapered diamond coated rod sharpens serrations
- Half-round diamond coated rod sharpens straight edges
- Sharpening Groove for hooks
- Aluminum housing protects the sharpening rod
- Pocket clip for easy storage
- Reversible rod stores in handle
- Grit: Medium - Diamond 400 Grit
- Loosen the metal screw cap and pull the diamond rod out to the desired length and then securely retighten the metal screw cap so that the rod will not move.
- No lubricant is required.
- Store rod in handle with tapered end down when finished sharpening.
- Clean rod after each use with a dry cloth or dry soft toothbrush.
- You can use either the tapered round rod or the half-round rod to sharpen your flat edged knifes, but we recommend using the half round rod for best results.
- Always hold the handle with the rod facing down. Place heel of the blade on the diamond rod closest to the screw cap.
- Hold blade at manufacturers suggested angle.
- While applying pressure, push the knife away from you towards the end of the rod. Draw knife down so that the tip of the blade comes off the end of the rod.
- For the other side of the blade repeat the above steps.
- Use the specially designed tapered round rod for serrated edges.
- Only sharpen the side of your knife-edge with the serrations.
- Hold rod at manufacturers suggested angle and move it back and forth through each serration until sharp.
- Place hook in groove and move back and forth until sharp.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.