Tormek, T-8 Water Cooled Precision Sharpening System 59525
Click to see HTK-806 Hand Tool Kit
- The Tormek T-8 Original is a powerful and versatile water cooled sharpening system that includes everything you need to take your sharpening to the next level. The advanced design and its user-friendly operation give you the best possible conditions for successful sharpening with top results. The Tormek T-8 Original is ideal for quality-conscious do-it-yourselfers as well as professionals.
- Sharpen all your edge tools.
- SE-77 Square Edge Jig and TT-50 Truing Tool included.
- Water cooled sharpening with no risk of overheating the steel.
- Exact replication – sharpen your tools with unbeatable precision.
- Efficient grindstone with adjustable characteristics equivalent to 220 to 1000 grit.
- Solid zinc frame and integrated mounts for controllable and accurate sharpening.
- Powerful industrial AC motor for continuous use.
- 8 year warranty, 5+3 after online registration.
- Unbeatable precision in your sharpening
- The advanced design ensures unbeatable precision for the Universal Support, which is the foundation of the Tormek sharpening system, since it controls all grinding jigs and accessories. The patented precision mounts for the Universal Support are integrated in this model's fully cast machine housing. This allows you to have full control and maximum accuracy in your sharpening.
- The Tormek T-8 Original is equipped with the SG-250 Original Grindstone that has adjustable characteristics equivalent to 220 to 1000 grit and can sharpen all qualities of steel, including HSS steel. The characteristic Tormek drive system ensures years of silent and reliable operation. The efficient system manages to maintain the optimal speed for water cooled sharpening, even under full load, thanks to its unique driving wheel. The industrial AC motor is maintenance-free and designed to drive the full-size grinding wheel during continuous use. The motor is tested for a 25,000 hour service life.
- Water trough with screw lift and magnetic scraper
- The Tormek T-8 Original is equipped with loads of smart details to make your sharpening easier. For example, the water trough has a convenient screw lift to easily raise and lower the water trough. It also has a double function magnetic scraper: during sharpening, the magnet collects steel particles, and after sharpening, the scraper will make it easy to clean the water trough. For long tools that may drip water outside the water trough (like chef's knives and planer blades), you can easily fit the enclosed water chute onto the edge of the water trough.
- EazyLock to quickly switch grinding wheels
- Another worked-through detail is the stainless-steel main shaft with Tormek's unique EzyLock nut, which enables tool-free locking and unlocking of the grinding wheel. EzyLock also makes it easy to change grinding wheel if you work with some of Tormek's additional grinding wheels SB-250 Blackstone Silicon, SJ-250 Japanese Waterstone, or one of our three Diamond Wheels, DC-250, DF-250 or DE-250.
- Includes everything you need to get started with your sharpening
- The base and support for all jigs. Enables unbeatable precision when sharpening.
- Ensures controllable and accurate sharpening.
- With acme thread and a scale for precise edge angle setting.
- Efficiently collects sharpening dust and makes it easy to clean the water trough.
- Easily raise and lower the water trough.
- Convenient, tool-free locking/unlocking of the grinding wheel.
- Maintenance-free. Minimal rpm loss under heavy load. Tested for a 25,000-hour service life.
- RKX18 rubber ensures years of silent and reliable operation.
- The versatile SE-77 Square Edge Jig for sharpening chisels and plane irons.
- The TT-50 Truing Tool to keep your stone round and flat.
- The SP-650 Stone Grader to change the grit of your stone.
- The WM-200 AngleMaster to measure the edge angle.
- The PA-70 Honing Compound to use with the Leather Honing Wheel.
- The EM-15 Edge Marker to color the bevel when setting the edge angle.
- The HB-10 Tormek Handbook on sharpening.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.